Flashcard games and activities can be a fun way to introduce a new learning concept to your child. Whether your child is just now learning the alphabet, or is an old pro, doing a match-up of upper and lowercase letters is good fun. We are visiting family out-of-state right now, so I don’t have access to a color printer, but here are some great ways to use these cheery flashcards:
- Scramble Match-Up: Cut out and mix all of the cards. Have your child pick out the matches from the mixed up batch. Set aside each match.
- Letter Memory: Play a classic game of Memory with these flashcards. You could do half of the alphabet at a time for younger children.
- Book Matching: Using an alphabet book, have your child match up a flashcard with the main letter on each page.
- Letter Safari: Give your child either the upper or lowercase letters to hold. Place the rest of the cards around your home and have him/her search for them.
- Practice Writing: Place each page in a sheet protector. Have your child trace each letter with a dry-erase marker.
Those are just a few fun activities you can do with these flashcards. I hope you can get some use out them. Print below and enjoy!! Note: there are 7 pages to this printable! Laminate for extra durability!
Check out the Printable Numbers & Letters Page for more alphabet printables!
6/7/13 Edit: A-D Flashcards are fixed and are now the normal size. =)
This is so great! Thank you for sharing!
Hi, I just came across your website through the play create explore group and my printer has been going none stop! Thanks for sharing! I just printed the ABC flashcards and letters A-D are smaller than the rest- are they meant to be that way or am I missing something?
Thanks so much for letting me know! Over 200 downloads and you’re the only one that notified me, lol! I fixed the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience!
I have students learning to use a computer keyboard who are having difficulty matching the capitals on the keys to the lower case letters on material they are copying. I will use these for some fun games to help them. Thanks!
This is so great! Thank you for sharing
Lovely! Thank you so much for sharing 🙂
These are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!