I posted a preview of this craft on LearnCreateLove’s Facebook Page yesterday, and here it is! Lorelai crafted this adorable sea turtle this morning. It’s windy and rainy out right now so we stayed indoors, hence no process pics. She had a bit of trouble with the shell at first but she figured it out. =) Print below.
Facts about Sea Turtles:
- Green sea turtles are an endangered animal. They are frequently hunted for their meat & eggs, are involved in boat propeller accidents, and are involved in drowning accidents from fish nets.
- They can weigh up to 700 pounds and can grow to be 5 feet long!
- A green sea turtle cannot pull its head into its shell.
- Adult sea turtles feed on sea grasses and algae, while younger turtles will also eat crabs, jellyfish, and sponges.
- Sea turtles lay their eggs in holes on the beach. They cover them up and leave. The eggs hatch about 2 months later — the trek the baby sea turtles have to take to the sea is the most dangerous time in their lives, as seagulls will snatch them right up.
- Read more about sea turtles here.