Good morning! Here’s a random Saturday craft for you: the Common King Snake. In case you’re wondering the why of it, it’s because Lorelai saw one in her animal encyclopedia and requested it. We have done a few snake crafts in the past – printable snake & stocking snake. It was time we did an actual snake species! The snake fits on one printable page, so it’s a bit small. I just told Lorelai that it’s a baby King Snake. =)
- The King Snake is black and white striped snake that lives all across North America.
- They are a constrictor snake.
- Its length can be from 3-6 feet.
- They feed on other snakes, mice, lizards, birds, turtle eggs, and frogs.
- “Their real claim to fame is the ability to kill and eat other snakes, including venomous species like cottonmouths and rattlesnakes. Because of their natural immunity to pit-viper venom, the bite from a venomous snake has little effect on them.”
- Read more about King Snakes here.