A couple of weeks ago, I posted a Horse Craft that had both the mom and foal. It was such a hit with my daughter that I decided to make another mommy/baby combo craft ~ a koala and her joey! We made this koala craft a while back but I wanted to do something more realistic looking. Print below and happy crafting!
Facts About Koalas
– Koalas are marsupials, which means they are animals that have pouches in which their babies develop and grow.
– A newborn koala is tiny, about the size of a jelly bean. They are called “joeys” and the baby is blind, naked, and earless.
– The joey leaves its mother’s pouch at about 7 months old.
– Koalas love taking taps and spend about 18 hours a day resting.
– Koalas tend to smell like cough drops because of their diet of eucalyptus leaves.
– Read more fun facts about koalas here.
Video Avrilcadabra found a koala in her yard!