Need an easy, fun, and ADORABLE craft? This is it! The pictures I took really don’t do this paper plate jellyfish craft any justice. It’s actually really, really cute! The process itself is also very simple. Lorelai practically did it all by herself. Directions are below… enjoy!
What You’ll Need:
Paper Plate (cut in half)
Party Streamers (cut in half length-wise so they aren’t too thick), or ribbons
What to Do:
- Once your paper plate is cut in half, have your child paint his/her jellyfish. I gave Lorelai two colors (pink and glittery yellow) and let her go to town on it. Set it aside and allow it to dry while you do the next step.
- If you are using party streamers, it’s best to cut them in half length-wise. I just took a strip and folded it (gently – don’t press the folds down) and cut that way… it only took a minute or so.
- Once your paper plate is dry, glue or tape the party streamers to the back.
- Glue on the googly eyes.
- Draw on a mouth (optional).
- To hang your jellyfish, make a small hole towards the top of the jellyfish’s head. I strung a piece of white string through so that we could hang her jellyfish in Lorelai’s room. It looks really neat when the fan hits it, and it drives the cats bonkers! =)