Materials You’ll Need:
– Construction Paper: I did 2 yellow, 2 green, and 1 red (for the tongue)
– Glue Stick
– Googly Eyes
What to Do:
– Cut your construction paper into strips. I layered mine and only had to cut once. I held the paper landscape-oriented and cut 4 strips from each.
– Have your child make a paper chain by first making one complete circle. Use the glue to hold the ends together.
– Next, thread another strip of paper through the first circle, and glue the ends shut. Repeat until finished. (Note: this would be a great way to practice patterns!)
– Glue on the googly eyes.
– Cut out a tongue from the red construction paper and glue down.
– You’re done! See? Super easy!
I hope you get a chance to do this fun, classic craft with your little one(s)! Mine really enjoyed it!