Next up in our Endangered Animals series is the yak. I designed this printable a bit differently than normally – the legs are all attached to the body piece. There wasn’t enough room with his (or her) massive body to leave them separate. It was a nice change, not having to cut out 10 different pieces this time! =) Print, and be sure to check out the facts & video posted below!
Facts About Yaks
- Yaks are an ox species found in central Asia.
- There are 2 types of yak – domestic and wild.
- Wild yaks are considered endangered or vulnerable.
- Yaks have horns that curve upward. A female’s horn can grow to be over a foot long, while males almost 3.5 feet. The horns are used for digging under the snow for food.
- There are estimated to only be about 15,000 wild yaks left. The main causes for their decline are hunting by humans, habitat disturbance, and more.
- Read more about yaks here.
Video About Yaks
Leave a Reply