Whales are very impressive creatures, but I can’t think of a more impressive one than the blue whale. It’s the largest animal ever known to have existed on earth. That in and of itself is pretty awesome! In the past, we have made a cartoon whale, a humpback whale, a beluga whale, and an orca. You can find more of our fun sea creature crafts in our Animal Section!
When I designed this craft, I decided to cut the whale in half and make each piece larger so that it would be bigger when glued together. I think Lore’s whale came out great! A big thanks goes out to Helen for suggesting this fun animal. I always appreciate when people throw out ideas… sometimes I need some inspiration! You can find our suggestion form here! Print this craft below and enjoy!
Facts About Blue Whales
– They are the largest animal on earth.
– They can grow up to 100 feet (30m) and weigh up to 200 tons (181 mt).
– During certain times of the year, blue whales can consume up to 4 tons of krill (a small shrimp-like fish) A DAY!
– Blue whales have pregnancies that are about a year long. After that amount of time, their babies emerge at almost 4 tons and 25 feet long!
– They live an average of 80-90 years.
– They are considered and endangered animal.
– Read more about blue whales here.
[…] Here’s a more realistic blue whale to make, at Learn, Create, Love. […]