This craft is a classic that all children should do at least once! Lorelai loved breaking away from our usual (but fun!) paper crafts this morning to paint and decorate this little guy. It was so simple to make!
What You’ll Need:
Cardboard Egg Carton
- Empty the egg carton if it isn’t already!
- Cut straight down the center of the cardboard egg carton, separating the rows. Flip your “caterpillar” so the “hump” are right side up. Trim off any of the the excess cardboard from the bottom.
- Have your child paint and decorate the caterpillar.
- Cut your pipe cleaner to your desired length for the antennas. I used my scissors to poke little holes in the head for the pipe cleaners. Stick them in.
- Glue down the googly eyes and draw on a smile and the legs down the sides (optional).
- Voila! You’ve got an egg carton caterpillar!
[…] out of a toilet paper roll. I saved it for today since I knew it would go along well with the egg carton caterpillar that she crafted this morning. Having already used paint today, we went the construction paper […]
[…] Do an egg carton caterpillar craft, a printable caterpillar craft collage, or a thumbprint […]