Lorelai was getting pretty restless this evening before dinner, so we went out onto the patio to do a fun spring craft. This one was really easy and quick, and I’m grateful for that since it was SO windy! I consider this blow art, even though it’s not as splattery as typical blow art. You have to blow out the dollop of paint to get it into the chick shape, so it IS blow art, LOL! I was lucky enough to snap a picture of the end product before it got blown off of the table and was smeared. (No worries about Lorelai ~ she thought the chicks looked better smeared!) Unfortunately, the picture was crap and I had to doctor it up some in Photoshop, hence the heavy texture. =)
Anyway, as I mentioned this was VERY simple.
What We Used:
1 Piece of Cardstock
1 Piece of Orange Construction Paper (a scrap will work)
- Cut your straw into a manageable size. Ours was about 4 inches long.
- Drop a small dollop of the yellow paint onto the paper.
- With the straw, blow out the paint until it resembles a chick. Warning: your child will not want to stop. That’s okay!
- Allow to dry completely.
- Cut a small triangle out of the orange construction paper for the beak. Add a dab of glue and have your child press it onto his/her chick.
- Do the same for the small googly eyes.
- Draw on the legs! As you can see in ours, I did the ones on the right and Lorelai tried to copy me on the others. By the time she got to the last one, she was adding extra legs, lol!
Leave a Reply