Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and we have been enjoying all of the heart crafts. =) This is not our first heart sun-catcher craft. You can see our previous ones here and here. I prefer this type, though, with the shape outlined and colored and the inside a tissue collage. You can find our other Valentine’s Day Crafts in the Holiday Section! Enjoy!
(Use the “Pop-Out” button in the upper right corner, then the printer button)
1. Have your child color the heart. They do not need to color the center part that will be cut out.
2. Cut out the heart (outside line).
3. Cut out the center of the heart. (Poke a hole in the center with your scissors, carefully cut along dotted line.)
4. Tape down a piece of contact paper to the back of your heart. The non-sticky side should show through the heart when you look at it from the front.
5. Add tissue paper.
6. Press down second piece of contact paper over the tissue paper to seal it together, creating a complete window. (So – contact paper, tissue paper, contact paper – with no sticky sides visible.)
7. Trim any contact paper that sticks out from around the heart.
8. Tape to your window!
Note: Wax paper can definitely be used in place of contact paper. You will just have to add glue to make it sticky. Same process otherwise!
Leave a Reply