Pumpkin crafts are our absolute favorite this time of year. I always get excited with September & October roll around, so that we can get started on our fall crafts! Today, I’m sharing our newest sun-catcher craft, a pumpkin! We made a apple sun-catcher craft a few weeks ago. This one is very similar in terms of directions. Print the template below and enjoy!
– Cardstock Paper (for printing)
– Contact Paper, 2 pieces cut to size of the pumpkin
– Tissue Paper, Orange
1. Have your child color the pumpkin. They do not need to color the center part that will be cut out.
2. Cut out the pumpkin (outside line).
3. Cut out the center of the pumpkin. (Poke a hole in the center with your scissors, carefully cut along dotted line.)
4. Tape down a piece of contact paper to the back of your pumpkin. The non-sticky side should show through the apple when you look at it from the front.
5. Add tissue paper.
6. Press down second piece of contact paper over the tissue paper to seal it together, creating a complete window. (So – contact paper, tissue paper, contact paper – with no sticky sides visible.)
7. Trim any contact paper that sticks out from around the pumpkin.
8. Tape to your window!
Note: Wax paper can definitely be used in place of contact paper. You will just have to add glue to make it sticky. Same process otherwise!
Tip: Add black construction paper to make a jack-o-lantern!
I hope you get a chance to make one of these pumpkin sun-catchers with your child(ren) this season. Mine loved it!
Other printable suncatchers we’ve made: sea turtle, flower, and butterfly.
[…] 15. Pumpkin Sun Catchers […]
[…] #18 Printable Pumpkin Suncatcher via Learn Create Love […]