Ever since I saw this craft on Pinterest, I knew we would have to do it! I can’t do a direct link since I’ve seen so many versions of the same one, and oddly didn’t pin any of them. (Oops!) Anyway, tonight after dinner, Lorelai excitedly painted this little guy. He was so simple to make and turned out so cute! If you celebrate Thanksgiving, or just like turkeys, then you have to do this one. The best part of it is you most likely have all of the materials just lying around. I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again – save every toilet paper roll!
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll
- 1 Paper Plate
- Googly Eyes
- Paint the toilet paper roll brown and set aside to dry.
- Cut your paper plate in half. Paint one side. This will be the tail feathers for the turkey.
- With the other side of the paper plate, cut out a beak and the red beard.
- Have your child paint the beak and beard.
- Once the paper roll is dry, glue on the eyes, beak, and beard.
- Then, glue the paper roll to the painted paper plate half.
- You’re done!