Snowmen are such a fun part of winter. Unfortunately, here in Texas, we don’t get snow… or at least not enough to make a snowman. I’ve always been a big fan of snow, even as an adult. I grew up in the countryside of Maryland, where there were plenty of photo ops and sledding hills. I hate that Lorelai doesn’t get to experience it, but she will someday… hopefully within the next couple of years. =) Anyway, this project was fun and simple.
Materials We Used:
Cardstock – 2 sheets
Paint, light blue (I mixed white and a dab of dark blue)
Black, Orange, and Red Markers (or crayons)
What To Do:
- Draw three circles (medium, medium-large, and large) on the spare sheet of cardstock, as shown in the photo above.
- Cut them out.
- Lay them down onto the other sheet of cardstock until they resemble a snowman.
- While holding them down, have your child paint all around the circles, making sure to paint right up to the edge of the circles.
- Once finished, carefully lift off the circles and admire your white snowman!
- Once dry, draw on the hat, eyes, mouth, buttons, scarf, and nose!