We have quite the collection of craft supplies after years of making fun crafts. I’ve been cleaning out our stash and recently came across these jumbo buttons. Last week we made some Clothespin Button Spiders, and today we made some mini Owls!
We are still huge fans of owls here, so this was the perfect afternoon craft for us. Lore and I both made a couple and glued on magnets to the back so that we could hang them on our white boards and fridge.
– Jumbo Plastic Buttons, multicolored
– Feathers (small, or cut smaller)
– Small Googly Eyes
– Orange construction paper or foam cut into tiny triangles
– Magnets (optional)
NOTE: A big thanks to our friends at CraftProjectIdeas.com for supplying us with the magnets. We go through them so quickly here and they were perfect for this craft.
– Glue down the feathers, eyes, and construction paper beaks to your plastic button. Once dry, flip over and glue onto the magnet.
– So easy, this directions section is almost pointless! =)
I hope you get a chance to make some button owls with your child. If you’re interested in some other owl crafts, check our our Bugs & Birds section, where we have a long list of owl crafts for you!