Blue jays are such beautiful birds. It was no surprise that my daughter requested to make it after she spotted one in a bird book. While her craft doesn’t have all of the intricate designs on the wings and tail feathers, she is still proud of it. Print below!
Facts About Blue Jays:
- Blue jays are ominovores; they eat acorns, nuts, seeds, and also small caterpillars, grasshoppers, and beetles.
- Blue jays sometimes store acorns in the ground. Sometimes they forget about thim, which helps the spread of forests.
- Blue jays make a loud, “Jay! Jay!” call. They can also do an excellent imitation of several hawk calls.
- They are very intelligent birds.
- Read more about blue jays here.
Blue Jay Sounds: