Cheetahs are such incredible animals. I was a bit hesitant to make another big cat craft right after posting the mountain lion craft. However, since its protective status is ‘vulnerable’ and we are learning about endangered species and the like, I decided to go for it. The craft itself is a running cheetah; If you glue the legs down the ‘normal’ way, it won’t look right. Since cheetahs are the fastest runners on earth, it only made sense to have this one doing what the real animal does best. =) Lorelai loved it! After she painted it a metallic gold, she used the end of the paintbrush and dabbed the black spots on. Print below and enjoy!
Facts About Cheetahs
- Cheetahs are a ‘vulnerable’ species, which means they are in danger of being considered ‘endangered’.
- They are the fast runners on land, and can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds.
- Cheetahs are great hunters. They hunt with their speed, often knocking down their prey. Hunting this way wears them out quickly, so they have to be quick.
- There are only 7,000 – 10,000 cheetah’s left. Most are found in Eastern or Southwestern Africa.
- Read more about cheetahs here.
Video of Cheetahs (warning: hunting clips shown – might be a bit disturbing to younger viewers)