The term “glitter” is used lightly here, since it’s NOT traditional glitter. It’s great in a pinch and is just as fun (read: MESSY) as regular glitter. Another upside is that clean-up is a cinch… this glitter doesn’t stick! Lorelai enjoyed making a fun picture this morning with her salt glitter.
- Food Coloring
- Bowl & Spoon
- Baking Sheet/Pan
- Container to hold the glitter. I used old spice containers.
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Determine how much glitter you want to make. I filled one of my cleaned, empty spice shaker halfway with salt, and then poured it into a bowl.
- Add food coloring and mix until you get your desired color.
- Pour onto your baking sheet (or in my case, into your baking pan). I recommend only doing one color at a time. TRUST ME, it’s a pain in the behind to get the salt out afterward without mixing it.
- Put the pan into the oven for 10-15 minutes. You’re just drying up the wet food coloring here.
- Take out and allow to cool.
- Scoop out into a container to store. You’re done!