Christmas is such a fun time to do arts and crafts with my seven year-old daughter. I set this fun craft up for her the other day and she really loved it. She got to color and use glitter glue and gems – her favorite stuff!
– Jumbo popsicle stick
– Strips of rectangular cardstock paper
– Glitter Glue
– Star Sticker (or you can cut out a star shape out of cardtock and use a crayon/glitter glue to color it in).
NOTE: Our jewels were provided to us by our friends at CraftProjectIdeas.com.
– Have your child color the strips of cardstock. You can also use green construction paper to eliminate that step, but I like the extra step for ours!
– Glue down the strips onto your jumbo popsicle stick, spacing evenly.
– Have your child add the star sticker (or paper star) and decorate the tree with glitter glue and jewels.
Overall, this was a fun craft for a rainy afternoon. It’s simple enough not to overwhelm a child and can be modified for different age groups. Have your child do the cutting if they are older – have everything pre-cut and ready to go for the younger ones.
See our other Christmas Crafts Here!
Leave a Reply