I think this little guy came out pretty well considering I was just winging the entire thing! after making so many printables for Lore’s animal encyclopedia list, I decided to make the little hamster a handprint craft instead. No fun painting something that’s just a little blob! She loved it though!
Materials We Used:
- Light Brown Paint (brown/white mixed)
- A hand or two, preferably attached
- 1 piece of white cardstock paper
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Use the paint guide above to see how your child’s hand should be painted. I started with the head (palm) first, then did the body (palm + some of the fingers). Paint, press down, then use your brush to fill in any empty spots.
- Have your child press down a painted fingertip for the ears, tail, and feet.
- Allow to dry.
- Draw on (or glue down googly eyes) the eyes.
- I had some scrap cardstock that I drew the mouth & teeth on, then cut it out & glued it down.
- Voila! A cute little handprint hamster. =)
Leave a Reply