Lorelai has been begging me to do crafts today. Unfortunately, no new printables are made up right now, and we don’t have a printer here in Maryland. So I came up with this fun little painting activity for this afternoon. It was super easy and the hearts came out really cute! We did a similar activity last year ~ Crayon & Watercolor Easter Egg, that she really enjoyed.
What You Need:
- Cardstock Paper
- White Crayon
- Watercolors & Paintbrushes
What To Do:
- Draw a heart or two on your cardstock paper.
- Have your child do a design within the heart with his/her white crayon.
- Have them paint over the design with watercolors.
- Allow to dry.
- Cut out the hearts (optional) and display!
- Make sure the chalk lines are heavy so that the watercolors don’t cover it up.
- If your watercolors do cover it up, just spread out the paint some ~ it should settle around the crayon marks.
- This is also a good way to make homemade valentines. Just fold your paper over in half first to make the card.
[…] From LearnCreateLove.com – Crayon and Water Color Hearts This heart craft is great for even really young artists. If they can’t write words, they can draw a pic and do their water color over it, an adult assistant can help with the writing if necessary. I just love multimedia art with water color, Soph does a lot of them and they are some of my favorites. […]
[…] Make Secret Message Valentines Learn Create Love […]