This craft has been on my to-make craft list since the beginning of MAY. Yep, you read that right. May. I finally got around to making it this week, and Lore and I crafted it this evening after dinner. It was so simple to make and turned out wonderfully. Lorelai has been dancing around with it on ever since it finished drying. Instructions are below, printable is linked at the bottom. Note: this doesn’t have to be made into a headband. You could always just decorate the paper, cut out, and hang up. Enjoy!
Materials We Used:
- 2 Pieces of Cardstock Paper (1 to print on, 1 to make the headband)
- Staples, tape, or glue (we used staples)
- Paint, paintbrush, and any other decorations (we also used glitter)
Instructions for the Headband:
- Print the princess crown printable.
- Have your child decorate. Allow to dry.
- Cut out the princess crown and set aside until you make your headband:
- Out of the plain sheet of cardstock paper, cut two 1 – 1.5″ wide strips. (See example picture.)
- Staple the pieces together at one end.
- Now, wrap it around your child’s head to get a good measure. Staple the ends together to form the headband.
- Staple (or glue) the princess crown to the headband. I made sure to cover up one of the stapled points on the headband.
- You’re done!