I can’t believe it’s almost Thursday! This week has flown by. The blog has been quiet for a couple of days. We did a ton of stuff on Monday so Tuesday, we took the day off of crafting. We did our usual preschool schedule in the morning: reading lesson, preschool workbook, basic math, days of the week, and counting by 5’s and 10’s. Then in the afternoon we went to the gym and then had a playdate at a nearby splash pad. Today we hung around at home. It was so beautiful out; we spent hours playing on the patio in Lore’s water table and coloring with sidewalk chalk. We also read tons of books, played “Babies” and told stories.
Lorelai told me a great story the other day. It’s amazing what her little (BIG) imagination comes up with! She’s really been missing her Gammie and PopPop lately. She talks about them frequently and is always inquiring as to how many more “sleeps” until we go up to see them. Anyway, listen to this story, told almost word for word from Lorelai’s mouth:
Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Lorelai. She was a princess. One day, Princess Lorelai went out on her patio and saw that there was a rainbow growing out of her water table. She walked over and touched the rainbow, and it SUCKED HER RIGHT UP! (Right up? I asked) Yep, right up to the top of the rainbow. Then the rainbow whispered, “Princess Lorelai, sit down on the rainbow, and slide back home.” Lorelai did and ended up back on her patio. She got her Mommy and showed her how the rainbow worked. Lorelai touched the rainbow and got sucked back up to the top of the rainbow again. Mommy was scared because she didn’t know where Lorelai was, and she touched the rainbow and got sucked up too. They were both at the top and the rainbow whispered, “Now sit down and slide down the other side of the rainbow.” So they did and they landed on Gammie and PopPop’s front porch!!! They went inside and Gammie and PopPop were so happy to see them! Uncle De’Andre was jumping up and down and Trent was doing cartwheels!” THE END.
Pretty awesome story huh? I wish there was such a thing as rainbow travel. It seems like it would be much more fun (and CHEAPER)!
Anyway, because I’m bored, Ten on Tuesday questions:
- What was the last gift someone gave you for no reason at all? Lorelai draws and colors pictures for me all the time. Besides that, I haven’t a clue!
- What is the last gift you gave someone for no reason at all? You know, I can’t remember. I give Lore stuff here and there all the time, but they aren’t wrapped or anything. I need to get on this!
- What is your favorite thing you like to do alone? Read! What else?
- What is your favorite thing to with a group of friends? GET OUT! I love adult time. =)
- What is on your agenda for tomorrow? I’m still deciding, but I know for sure we’re getting out and doing something fun… and then grocery shopping.
- What would you do tomorrow if you didn’t have any responsibilities? Take a day trip to Galveston. We were going to go today but it looks like it has to be put off again. One of these days we’ll get down there!
- What is something you miss from your childhood? I had a great childhood and my family was very close-knit. I think I miss our family vacations and day-trips to the mountains. Such good memories!
- What is something you don’t miss at all from your childhood? (after 5 minutes of contemplation) Getting up early for school!
- What is your favorite word? Chortle.
- What is your least favorite word? Besties