After our adventure to a local pumpkin patch this afternoon, Lorelai and I made these cute little tissue ghosts. We did a variety of these last year with paper towels (see here), but I wanted to make it much more simple. Using tissues worked so well – the tissue is soft and billowy, just like you would expect a ghost to be. While I did most of the assembling, Lorelai drew on the faces and helped me hang them. I think they turned out really cute!
What We Used:
- 1 Tissue
- 1 Cottonball
- A little bit of string (enough to tie a knot)
- Scissors (to clip the ends of the string)
- Black Marker
Alternative Materials: Paper towels instead of tissues, an extra tissue balled up instead of the cotton ball, a white pipe cleaner instead of the string.
What to Do:
- Lay a tissue down flat.
- Place the cotton ball in the middle and then flip the tissue over, holding the cotton ball and allowing the tissue to fall down around it.
- Get your length of string and tie it tightly in a double knot, right below the “head” (cotton ball).
- Draw on the eyes and mouth with a sharpie.
To do ‘garland’ like I did above, thread a needle with string and go through the back of each head with it. Simple!!!