Paper bag animal puppets are incredibly simple to make and result in lots of giggles and fun puppet play. We did a paper bag owl puppet a couple of days ago (posted yesterday), and decided to do this giraffe today. This one is a bit more involved, as you have to cut out the yellow construction paper to fit the front of the bag, but it’s simple enough to still be worth crafting! It has been a while since we crafted a giraffe; here were the others – printable giraffe | handprint giraffe & giraffe worksheet
Materials We Used:
- Brown Paper Bag
- Construction Paper – yellow, orange, brown, white
- Layer your sheet of yellow construction paper over the paper bag and cut it to size. I cut into two pieces; one on the top flap, and one on the bottom part that extended up into the “mouth” area under the flap. Cut out and glue down.
- Draw the following shapes on your Orange Construction Paper – Ears, ossicones (horns), muzzle – then cut out.
- Draw the following shapes on your brown construction paper – spots (4), hair tuft – then cut out.
- Draw the eyes on your white paper. I colored in the black parts with the marker. Cut out.
- Next, glue everything down.
- That’s it! See? I told you it’s simple. =)
Instead of cutting out yellow construction paper, use paint! It won’t be as dark, but I bet it would be just as cute!
Leave a Reply