Sun-catchers are one of my favorite crafts to do with Lorelai. They can be of anything and are really simple to make. We did a Christmas tree one this afternoon and it turned out really cute. You can see step-by-step pictures on the fall leaf one HERE. I didn’t feel like taking a bunch of pictures today, so I’m taking the lazy way out. =) Directions and print button are below – enjoy!
Materials We Used:
- 2 Pieces of Cardstock Paper
- Wax Paper
- Tissue Paper (we used green and red)
The process is so easy, here are the instructions:
- Print out 2 identical sheets of the same tree template.
- Cut out the INSIDE of each tree, so that you will have a little “window” to create the sun-catcher. Do this to both sheets.
- Cut out 2 sheets of wax paper that will cover the tree hole. Glue down.
- Cut out small squares (or whatever shape) of tissue paper. The easiest way to do this is to fold a sheet of tissue paper in half a bunch of times.
- Add glue over the (wax paper covered) tree hole and have your child glue down the pieces of tissue paper.
- Glue down the other sheet of wax paper, so that the tissue paper is sandwiched between two pieces of wax paper.
- Glue down the top template, printed side up.
- Lastly, trim down the paper as much as you want! I just cut off the excess on the bottom and the printed words on top.
- Voila, a beautiful suncatcher!