How about this Howler Monkey Craft? We have made several monkey crafts in the past — Monkey, Circus Monkey, Paper Plate Monkey, Orangutan Craft — but never a howler monkey. My six-year-old really loved this one. She did notice that he only has 3 legs, and I explained it’s because of the angle of the monkey and how he’s supposed to be sitting on a limb. You can make one from a piece of brown construction paper. A big thanks to CraftProjectIdeas.com for the painbrushes and paint we used for this craft. Print below and enjoy!
Facts About Howler Monkeys
- Howler monkeys live in tropical Central and South America.
- They howl so loudly, they can be heard up to three miles (5km) away.
- They are the biggest of all New World monkeys.
- They have what is called a “prehensile” tail, which means they can use it as an extra arm to grip branches with.
- A howler monkey can live 15-20 years in the wild.
- Read more about howler monkeys here.
Video About Howler Monkeys: