Good morning! A big thanks to Meghan for this craft suggestion! I’ll admit that this one was really tough to design. I tried to design it from a side view, but it just wouldn’t come together for me. So I did a top view of the scorpion and it finally worked out! Scorpions are not my favorite bug, but I will admit they are super neat to look at! There are lots and lots of legs and claws to cut out on this printable. I will also apologize ahead of time for the body shape of the scorpion – we had lots of giggling going on yesterday morning as it was being painted. =) Print below and enjoy!
Facts About Scorpions:
- Scorpions are classified as Arachnida and are closely related to spiders.
- There are almost 2,000 different species of Scorpions all over the world!
- Out of those 2,000 species, only 30 or 40 have poison that is strong enough to kill a person.
- Scorpions live between 3-8 years and live on a diet of insects.
- Scorpions cannot live without soil – they are burrowing bugs, so places with heavy grasses or permafrost aren’t ideal conditions for them.
- To read more fun facts, please go here.